What Are the Advantages of Genuine OEM Ford Parts?
If you bring your Ford vehicle into a Bloomington Ford service center for regular maintenance or repair, your vehicle will be fitted with genuine OEM Ford parts by a certified mechanic. Visit a chain or independent shop instead, and aftermarket parts will often be used to service your vehicle. So what is the difference for the average Normal driver? Sam Leman Ford is here to break down the advantages of using genuine OEM Ford parts.
What are Ford OEM parts?
OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. In the case of Ford OEM parts, this means that all parts are made specifically by Ford for Ford vehicles. Aftermarket parts, on the other hand, are made by a parts company and are often designed to be compatible with as many makes and/or models as possible.
This means aftermarket parts won’t deliver the same superior fit that genuine OEM parts will. In fact, many aftermarket parts cover such a wide range of makes and models that you may find yourself cutting and fitting it to your vehicle. If it’s a visible piece, it’s rare that the color will match, either — possibly turning heads for the wrong reasons around Decatur.
Ford OEM accessories — like floor mats, spoilers, and more — are also perfectly specced out to fit your model.
Benefits of OEM Parts
While aftermarket parts can be less expensive than OEM parts, they are also often cheaper in every sense of the word. The benefits of the using Ford OEM parts far outweigh any cons:
- Quality: Part of making aftermarket parts cheaper includes the use of inferior materials. This can lead aftermarket parts to fail and negate any initial savings that a driver may have gained.
- Performance: Ford OEM parts have been designed specifically for your vehicle. This means they deliver the optimal fit and performance so that your vehicle runs at its best.
- Selection: Because aftermarket parts are being made for every brand possible, there can be a huge and often confusing selection available if you are trying to shop by yourself. A visit to a Ford parts department will ensure that you are getting exactly what you need for your Ford repair or maintenance needs.
- Parts Warranty: Any genuine Ford part is covered by a 2-year/unlimited-mileage warranty, whether driving around Champaign or across the country.
- Vehicle Warranty: If you are driving a new Ford that is still under warranty, the use of aftermarket parts on your vehicle may void your warranty coverage.
Source Your Ford Parts From Sam Leman Ford
The parts and service center here at Sam Leman Ford provides a wide range of OEM parts, plus the necessary know-how to find and fit whatever part you need. Schedule a service appointment today, or feel free to order parts online for your DIY home repairs. Have additional questions? Read up on Ford warranty coverage or Contact us today!
More From Sam Leman Ford
If you’re shopping for a midsize truck that can easily transition between difficult job tasks in Normal and off-road adventures near Decatur, the 2019 Ford Ranger is a smart choice. With two spacious bed options and a well-appointed interior that features plenty of intuitive technology, the new Ford Ranger has everything you need and more….
Normal drivers who choose a new Ford F-250 will enjoy a maximum towing capacity of 12,300 to 15,000 pounds. If you’re looking to tow more than 15,000 pounds, a gooseneck trailer or fifth wheel hitch will be required. In addition to impressive towing, the 2019 Ford F-250 boasts a payload capacity over 4,250 pounds. You can…
When the limited warranty on your new Ford runs out, it’s smart to have a backup plan in place. With so many Ford warranty plans available from Ford Protect, it’s easier than ever to choose an extended warranty that works for you and doesn’t compromise your budget. Consult Sam Leman Ford’s thorough guide to choose a Ford…