2020 Ford Edge Towing Capacity
What is the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity? Which of the Ford Edge engine options will provide you with the best available tow rating on Normal streets? Get the answers to these questions and all of the Ford Edge performance details you need to make an informed decision in this guide from Sam Leman Ford.
Ford Edge Engine Options
The Ford Edge towing capacity ranges from 1,500 pounds to 3,500 pounds, depending on which of the two Ford Edge engines you select to power your Ford SUV. Take your pick between the following:
Twin-Scroll 2.0L EcoBoost® Engine
- Rated at 245 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque
- EPA-estimated 21 mpg city and 29 mpg highway with front-wheel drive
- 1,500-pound towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- Rated at 335 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque
- EPA-estimated 19 mpg city and 26 mpg highway with all-wheel drive
- 3,500-pound towing capacity
The latter engine is installed in the Ford Edge ST, the first-ever SUV from the Ford Performance Team. Beyond the stronger Ford Edge towing capacity, Champaign-area drivers can also look forward to cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and much more.
Ford Edge Towing Features
With a sense of the Ford Edge engine lineup and the Ford Edge towing capacity by engine, you may be curious about what equipment is available to make every tow safer on the Decatur roads. Some Ford Edge towing features offered include:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: Includes the necessary equipment to achieve the maximum Ford Edge towing capacity of 3,500 pounds (if all-wheel drive is also installed).
- Hill Start Assist: Automatically holds the brake on inclines to prevent backward roll as you switch your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive: Monitors traction and balances torque using sensors in order to maximize control and enhance handling.
- Traction Control: Reduces throttle output to limit wheelspin in less-than-ideal road conditions.
- Trailer Sway Control: Applies brakes or reduces engine torque as needed for ultimate control.
Discover the Ford Edge at Sam Leman Ford
See how the Ford Edge compares to the Ford Escape, and then pick out your ideal Ford SUV at Sam Leman Ford! Give us a call if you have any questions. Otherwise, look forward to strong tow ratings and top-tier performance when you hit the
Decatur streets behind the wheel of the new Ford Edge.
More on Ford Models & Features
The 2020 Ford F-150 is one of the most customizable trucks available to Normal drivers, given the available configurations, features, and special editions. The most fun part of shopping for a new pickup, though, is deciding which of the Ford truck colors best suits your personality and lifestyle. Check out this guide to Ford…
What is the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity? Which of the Ford Edge engine options will provide you with the best available tow rating on Normal streets? Get the answers to these questions and all of the Ford Edge performance details you need to make an informed decision in this guide from Sam Leman Ford. Ford Edge…
Shopping for a midsize sedan? With four 2020 Ford Fusion trim levels from which to choose, Normal drivers are sure to find a Ford sedan to accommodate their lifestyle and demands. The 2020 Ford Fusion configurations range from the base trim S to the top-tier Titanium, and combined city/highway fuel economy ratings range from…