2020 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity
So, what is the specific 2020 Ford F-250 towing capacity? How much the new F-250 can tow depends on a few elements, including the engine, transmission, and drivetrain (standard rear-wheel drive or available Ford 4×4 all-wheel drive). This means that Champaign-area drivers can configure their pickup truck to achieve the Ford F-250 towing capacity they desire! Check out the Ford F-250 specs below:
- Standard 6.2L V8 engine with 6-speed automatic transmission: Rated at 385 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque, this setup tows between 19,500 pounds and 22,000 pounds max.
- Standard 6.2L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission: Upgrading to the 10-speed transmission boosts this setup’s maximum towing capacity to 23,500.
- Available 6.7L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission: Churning out 475 hp and a massive 1,050 lb-ft of torque, this setup permits tow ratings of 23,500 pounds to 43,000 pounds max.
- Available 7.3L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission: This configuration delivers 430 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque, as well as anywhere from 21,800 pounds to 28,000 pounds of towing capacity.
Ford F-250 Specs: Towing and Safety Features
The Ford F-250 towing capacity range will undoubtedly impress Springfield drivers, but the truck’s towing and safety features make it all possible. Take advantage of the following:
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: Achieve maximum towing capacity by installing the Gooseneck Hitch Kit.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Connecting your truck and trailer has never been easier, thanks to your choice of a durable 2.5- or 3-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Trailer Sway Control: Maintain control of your truck and trailer, no matter how much you’re hauling behind you.
- Trailer Brake Controller: Seamlessly and simultaneously brake your vehicle and trailer for ultimate control.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): Maintain stability no matter where you are in IL, thanks to this system that functions with gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking.
See the New Ford F-250 in Action at Sam Leman Ford!
Tackle tough jobs around Morton with ease thanks to the Ford F-250 towing capacity. Ready to get behind the wheel? Get in touch to schedule a test drive, and rely on our finance team to determine your leasing and financing options.
More from Sam Leman Ford
The 2021 Ford F-150 is offered in seven unique trim levels with three cab styles and three bed sizes to choose from. You’ll also have the choice between six different engines, each of which is capable of delivering all of the performance and hauling power you’ll need. What is the towing capacity of a…
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that can deliver big on performance, you’ll want to take a look at the new Ford Escape. The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers a choice between four powerful and efficient engines, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or…
The Ford truck lineup has earned a well-deserved reputation for producing reliable vehicles that deliver the power and robust capabilities needed to meet the demands of your Normal-area job site. The midsize Ford Ranger is a good example of all that a Ford truck brings to the table. Whether you choose the Ford Ranger…