2020 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity
So, what is the specific 2020 Ford F-250 towing capacity? How much the new F-250 can tow depends on a few elements, including the engine, transmission, and drivetrain (standard rear-wheel drive or available Ford 4×4 all-wheel drive). This means that Champaign-area drivers can configure their pickup truck to achieve the Ford F-250 towing capacity they desire! Check out the Ford F-250 specs below:
- Standard 6.2L V8 engine with 6-speed automatic transmission: Rated at 385 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque, this setup tows between 19,500 pounds and 22,000 pounds max.
- Standard 6.2L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission: Upgrading to the 10-speed transmission boosts this setup’s maximum towing capacity to 23,500.
- Available 6.7L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission: Churning out 475 hp and a massive 1,050 lb-ft of torque, this setup permits tow ratings of 23,500 pounds to 43,000 pounds max.
- Available 7.3L V8 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission: This configuration delivers 430 hp and 475 lb-ft of torque, as well as anywhere from 21,800 pounds to 28,000 pounds of towing capacity.
Ford F-250 Specs: Towing and Safety Features
The Ford F-250 towing capacity range will undoubtedly impress Springfield drivers, but the truck’s towing and safety features make it all possible. Take advantage of the following:
- Gooseneck Hitch Kit: Achieve maximum towing capacity by installing the Gooseneck Hitch Kit.
- Trailer Hitch Receiver: Connecting your truck and trailer has never been easier, thanks to your choice of a durable 2.5- or 3-inch Built Ford Tough® Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Trailer Sway Control: Maintain control of your truck and trailer, no matter how much you’re hauling behind you.
- Trailer Brake Controller: Seamlessly and simultaneously brake your vehicle and trailer for ultimate control.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control® (RSC): Maintain stability no matter where you are in IL, thanks to this system that functions with gyroscopic sensors, reduced engine power, and selective wheel braking.
See the New Ford F-250 in Action at Sam Leman Ford!
Tackle tough jobs around Morton with ease thanks to the Ford F-250 towing capacity. Ready to get behind the wheel? Get in touch to schedule a test drive, and rely on our finance team to determine your leasing and financing options.
More from Sam Leman Ford
Shopping for a new Ford vehicle often means that you get to enjoy an interior cabin that’s spacious and comfortable. One of the most popular Ford vehicles currently offered is the 2022 Ford Escape. The new Ford Escape is certainly a looker with its sleek styling and it even offers incredible performance to boot….
There are many gems to choose from in our selection of new Ford crossovers and SUVs. However, one model that’s a fan-favorite choice for many growing families is the 2022 Ford Explorer. The new Ford Explorer provides incredible styling and unbeatable interior comfort that is sure to elevate your Normal drives. However, the 2022 Explorer…
The 2022 Ford F-150 is a capable and powerful truck that’s not afraid of tackling any job around Normal. It features plenty of performance and even various different configurations, making it perfect for almost any lifestyle. In addition to its capabilities, the new Ford F-150 is also a looker, with a stylish design inside…