2021 Ford Edge Towing
The Ford Edge is a capable SUV that delivers strong performance on Normal-area roads. What is the 2021 Ford Edge towing capacity? The Edge tow rating depends on which engine option you choose. Learn more about how much the new Ford Edge can tow in this guide from Sam Leman Ford, and then schedule a test drive at our dealership in Bloomington today!
2021 Ford Edge Engine Options
The Ford Edge towing capacity ranges from 1,500 pounds to 3,500 pounds, depending on which of the available Ford EcoBoost® engines you select.
Twin-Scroll 2.0L EcoBoost® Engine
- Horsepower: 245 hp
- Torque: 275 lb-ft
- Towing Capacity: 1,500 pounds
2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- Horsepower: 335 hp
- Torque: 380 lb-ft
- Towing Capacity: 3,500 pounds
The 2.7L V6 engine is standard in the Ford Edge ST, the first-ever SUV from the Ford Performance Team. In addition to the more robust towing capacity, the Edge ST model also includes standard all-wheel drive, cluster/paddle shifters, enhanced active noise control, revised electronic throttle programming, sharp engine braking, and more to enhance your Decatur-area driving experience.
2021 Ford Edge Towing Features
The Ford Edge towing capacity is determined by the engine you pick, but is enhanced by several features that can help make your Champaign towing experience safer. Some of the available Ford Edge towing features include:
- Intelligent All-Wheel Drive: Monitors traction with sensors in order to distribute torque efficiently while providing superior control and handling.
- Traction Control: Reduces throttle output to limit wheelspin in challenging weather and road conditions.
- Trailer Sway Control: Applies the brakes and/or reduces engine torque as needed to stabilize your trailer.
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: Includes everything you need to achieve the maximum Ford Edge towing capacity of 3,500 pounds on all-wheel drive models.
- Hill Start Assist: Automatically holds the brake on inclines to prevent rollback when you switch your foot from the brake to the gas pedal.
Test Drive the Ford Edge Today at Sam Leman Ford
Ready to experience all that the Ford Edge towing capacity has to offer? Contact us to schedule a test drive at our dealership in Bloomington today! Remember to check out our current offers and incentives to get the best deal on your new Ford SUV. Not sure if the Edge is the right SUV for you? See how it compares to the Ford Escape
More Ford Models & Features
The 2021 Ford F-150 is offered in seven unique trim levels with three cab styles and three bed sizes to choose from. You’ll also have the choice between six different engines, each of which is capable of delivering all of the performance and hauling power you’ll need. What is the towing capacity of a…
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that can deliver big on performance, you’ll want to take a look at the new Ford Escape. The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers a choice between four powerful and efficient engines, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or…
The Ford truck lineup has earned a well-deserved reputation for producing reliable vehicles that deliver the power and robust capabilities needed to meet the demands of your Normal-area job site. The midsize Ford Ranger is a good example of all that a Ford truck brings to the table. Whether you choose the Ford Ranger…