2021 Ford Escape Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that can deliver big on performance, you’ll want to take a look at the new Ford Escape. The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers a choice between four powerful and efficient engines, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or available all-wheel drive (AWD), you’ll enjoy a smooth ride, confident handling, and strong towing capabilities on Normal-area roads. How much can the Ford Escape tow? When properly equipped, the Ford Escape towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. Learn more in this Ford Escape towing guide from Sam Leman Ford.
How Much Can the Ford Escape Tow?
Even though it’s a compact SUV, the Ford Escape provides robust performance capabilities, as do all of the models in the Ford SUV lineup. Check out the Ford Escape towing capacity for each of the available engine options to find the one that will best suit your Decatur-area driving needs.
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
Ford Escape Towing and Performance Features
The following towing and performance features can further enhance the Ford Escape towing capacity and make hauling a travel trailer or small boat easier and safer:
- Trailer Sway Control: This system restabilizes and corrects potential sway to help keep your trailer in line with your SUV.
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: This innovative AWD system will engage automatically as needed to deliver the traction you need in the most challenging Champaign-area weather and road conditions.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Choose between Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes to achieve the control and handling you need wherever you drive.
Test Drive the Ford Escape Today at Sam Leman Ford
Impressed by the Ford Escape towing capacity? Contact us to schedule a test drive and experience all that a new Ford Escape has to offer. Make sure to browse our new vehicle specials to save on your next Ford SUV, and if you’re looking for an even more budget-friendly option, our inventory of used SUVs includes excellent used Escape models. If you are not sure that the Escape iof the right Ford SUV for you, check out our Escape vs. Ford Edge comparison.
More from Sam Leman Ford
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that can deliver big on performance, you’ll want to take a look at the new Ford Escape. The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers a choice between four powerful and efficient engines, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or…
The Ford truck lineup has earned a well-deserved reputation for producing reliable vehicles that deliver the power and robust capabilities needed to meet the demands of your Normal-area job site. The midsize Ford Ranger is a good example of all that a Ford truck brings to the table. Whether you choose the Ford Ranger…
There are three 2021 Ranger trim levels available, along with two Ford Ranger bed sizes and two cab configurations from which to choose. The 2021 Ford Ranger bed dimensions are the same as those offered with the 2020 model, so you can continue to rely on the versatile capabilities of this popular Ford midsize truck…