2021 Ford Escape Towing Capacity
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that can deliver big on performance, you’ll want to take a look at the new Ford Escape. The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers a choice between four powerful and efficient engines, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or available all-wheel drive (AWD), you’ll enjoy a smooth ride, confident handling, and strong towing capabilities on Normal-area roads. How much can the Ford Escape tow? When properly equipped, the Ford Escape towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. Learn more in this Ford Escape towing guide from Sam Leman Ford.
How Much Can the Ford Escape Tow?
Even though it’s a compact SUV, the Ford Escape provides robust performance capabilities, as do all of the models in the Ford SUV lineup. Check out the Ford Escape towing capacity for each of the available engine options to find the one that will best suit your Decatur-area driving needs.
- 2.0L EcoBoost®: 3,500-pound towing capacity
- 1.5L EcoBoost®: 2,000-pound towing capacity
- Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
- Plug-In Hybrid 2.5L Hybrid iVCT Atkinson-Cycle I-4: 1,500-pound towing capacity
Ford Escape Towing and Performance Features
The following towing and performance features can further enhance the Ford Escape towing capacity and make hauling a travel trailer or small boat easier and safer:
- Trailer Sway Control: This system restabilizes and corrects potential sway to help keep your trailer in line with your SUV.
- All-Wheel Drive Disconnect: This innovative AWD system will engage automatically as needed to deliver the traction you need in the most challenging Champaign-area weather and road conditions.
- Selectable Drive Modes: Choose between Eco, Sport, Normal, Slippery, and Deep Snow/Sand modes to achieve the control and handling you need wherever you drive.
Test Drive the Ford Escape Today at Sam Leman Ford
Impressed by the Ford Escape towing capacity? Contact us to schedule a test drive and experience all that a new Ford Escape has to offer. Make sure to browse our new vehicle specials to save on your next Ford SUV, and if you’re looking for an even more budget-friendly option, our inventory of used SUVs includes excellent used Escape models. If you are not sure that the Escape iof the right Ford SUV for you, check out our Escape vs. Ford Edge comparison.
More from Sam Leman Ford
Shopping for a new Ford vehicle often means that you get to enjoy an interior cabin that’s spacious and comfortable. One of the most popular Ford vehicles currently offered is the 2022 Ford Escape. The new Ford Escape is certainly a looker with its sleek styling and it even offers incredible performance to boot….
There are many gems to choose from in our selection of new Ford crossovers and SUVs. However, one model that’s a fan-favorite choice for many growing families is the 2022 Ford Explorer. The new Ford Explorer provides incredible styling and unbeatable interior comfort that is sure to elevate your Normal drives. However, the 2022 Explorer…
The 2022 Ford F-150 is a capable and powerful truck that’s not afraid of tackling any job around Normal. It features plenty of performance and even various different configurations, making it perfect for almost any lifestyle. In addition to its capabilities, the new Ford F-150 is also a looker, with a stylish design inside…