What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
The 2021 Ford F-150 is offered in seven unique trim levels with three cab styles and three bed sizes to choose from. You’ll also have the choice between six different engines, each of which is capable of delivering all of the performance and hauling power you’ll need. What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? When properly equipped, the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity can reach up to 14,000 pounds. That’s not only enough to meet the demands of your Normal-area job site, but will also enable you to easily haul a boat or travel trailer on your next adventure to Comlara Park. Learn more about the F-150 towing capacity for each of the available engines in this guide from Sam Leman Ford.
2021 F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
As stated above, the new Ford F-150 has six engine options, depending on the configuration you choose. What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Check out the engine options to find out:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: This capable V6 engine delivers 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and offers a tow rating of 8,200 pounds..
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: The first of three available F-150 EcoBoost® engines produces 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, with a tow rating of 10,000 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: This robust V8 engine is capable of towing up to 13,000 pounds with an output of 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Diesel power allows you to tow up to 12,100 pounds with 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: This engine can provide 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque on Decatur-area roads, along with the maximum tow rating of 14,000 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Enjoy 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, along with a Ford F-150 towing capacity of 12,700 pounds when properly equipped.
2021 F-150 Towing Features
No matter which one of the engine options you choose, you’ll find that the Ford F-150 towing capacity is impressive. Ford has also equipped this strong pickup with advanced features that help you get the most out of your towing experience in and around Champaign. Some of the key 2021 Ford F-150 towing features include:
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen
Check Out the Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Features at Sam Leman Ford
You can learn about the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity, engine options, available colors, and more by visiting our dealership in Bloomington. We will be happy to show you how this rugged pickup truck matches up against competitors like the RAM 1500. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, and don’t forget to ask about our new vehicle specials to save on your next Ford truck.
More from Sam Leman Ford
The 2021 Ford F-150 is offered in seven unique trim levels with three cab styles and three bed sizes to choose from. You’ll also have the choice between six different engines, each of which is capable of delivering all of the performance and hauling power you’ll need. What is the towing capacity of a…
If you’re shopping for a compact SUV that can deliver big on performance, you’ll want to take a look at the new Ford Escape. The 2021 Ford Escape lineup offers a choice between four powerful and efficient engines, including a hybrid and a plug-in hybrid. Whether you opt for the standard front-wheel drive (FWD) or…
The Ford truck lineup has earned a well-deserved reputation for producing reliable vehicles that deliver the power and robust capabilities needed to meet the demands of your Normal-area job site. The midsize Ford Ranger is a good example of all that a Ford truck brings to the table. Whether you choose the Ford Ranger…