What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
The 2021 Ford F-150 is offered in seven unique trim levels with three cab styles and three bed sizes to choose from. You’ll also have the choice between six different engines, each of which is capable of delivering all of the performance and hauling power you’ll need. What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? When properly equipped, the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity can reach up to 14,000 pounds. That’s not only enough to meet the demands of your Normal-area job site, but will also enable you to easily haul a boat or travel trailer on your next adventure to Comlara Park. Learn more about the F-150 towing capacity for each of the available engines in this guide from Sam Leman Ford.
2021 F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
As stated above, the new Ford F-150 has six engine options, depending on the configuration you choose. What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? Check out the engine options to find out:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: This capable V6 engine delivers 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque and offers a tow rating of 8,200 pounds..
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: The first of three available F-150 EcoBoost® engines produces 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque, with a tow rating of 10,000 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: This robust V8 engine is capable of towing up to 13,000 pounds with an output of 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Diesel power allows you to tow up to 12,100 pounds with 250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque.
- High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: This engine can provide 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque on Decatur-area roads, along with the maximum tow rating of 14,000 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Enjoy 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, along with a Ford F-150 towing capacity of 12,700 pounds when properly equipped.
2021 F-150 Towing Features
No matter which one of the engine options you choose, you’ll find that the Ford F-150 towing capacity is impressive. Ford has also equipped this strong pickup with advanced features that help you get the most out of your towing experience in and around Champaign. Some of the key 2021 Ford F-150 towing features include:
- Trailer Brake Controller
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen
Check Out the Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Features at Sam Leman Ford
You can learn about the 2021 Ford F-150 towing capacity, engine options, available colors, and more by visiting our dealership in Bloomington. We will be happy to show you how this rugged pickup truck matches up against competitors like the RAM 1500. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, and don’t forget to ask about our new vehicle specials to save on your next Ford truck.
More from Sam Leman Ford
Shopping for a new Ford vehicle often means that you get to enjoy an interior cabin that’s spacious and comfortable. One of the most popular Ford vehicles currently offered is the 2022 Ford Escape. The new Ford Escape is certainly a looker with its sleek styling and it even offers incredible performance to boot….
There are many gems to choose from in our selection of new Ford crossovers and SUVs. However, one model that’s a fan-favorite choice for many growing families is the 2022 Ford Explorer. The new Ford Explorer provides incredible styling and unbeatable interior comfort that is sure to elevate your Normal drives. However, the 2022 Explorer…
The 2022 Ford F-150 is a capable and powerful truck that’s not afraid of tackling any job around Normal. It features plenty of performance and even various different configurations, making it perfect for almost any lifestyle. In addition to its capabilities, the new Ford F-150 is also a looker, with a stylish design inside…