2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Specs
When it comes time for you to choose your next pickup truck, don’t settle for anything less than the best! The 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity maxes out at 13,200 pounds, and that means it offers best-in-class towing. With this much power, there won’t be anything in the Normal area that can hold you back, and this pickup’s payload ratings and towing features are no less impressive. Learn more about the Ford F-150 towing capacity before you get behind the wheel at Sam Leman Ford.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity
Drivers who select the 2019 Ford F-150 will have five different engine options to choose from. They vary in availability depending on which of the seven F-150 trim levels you select, but you’ll process impressive capabilities no matter which model you choose. We’ve listed the towing power of each option below:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- Towing capacity ranges from 5,000 to 7,400 pounds
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6
- Towing capacity varies between 7,600 and 9,000 pounds
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- Can tow between 8,400 and 11,600 pounds
- With this engine, the F-150 payload is best-in-class
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel
- Diesel power lets you tow between 10,100 and 11,400 pounds
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6
- Towing capacity ranges from 10,700 to 13,200 pounds — a special version of this engine powers the F-150 Raptor.
If you’re tackling super-duty jobs that require more power than the F-150 can muster, the Ford F-250SD is up to the task.
F-150 Towing Features
When you’re driving around Normal or working hard at your Springfield job site, you’ll be able to take advantage of the following standard and available Ford F-150 towing features:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- BLIS blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
Towing Tips for the Ford F-150
- Whether you’re hauling a trailer or transporting cargo in your truck bed, loose items can easily become damaged. When you secure everything firmly before you hit the road, you’ll reduce the risk of damage and improve your stability.
- Even though most modern pickups are equipped with larger-than-average brakes, stopping still takes extra time when you’re towing. When you have a trailer attached, leave extra space between yourself and other drivers.
- Changing lanes, merging into traffic, and passing other drivers become especially difficult when you’re towing. Exercise caution in these situations.
- Properly-inflated tires can make an enormous difference when you’re hauling heavy loads. Check your pressure before heading out on Decatur or Champaign streets.
Ready to Take Advantage of Best-in-Class Towing in Bloomington?
Don’t wait to experience the incredible towing capacity of the 2019 Ford F-150! Start exploring our lineup of powerful F-150 models today, and then reach out to schedule a test drive in your favorite. Our team will work with you every step of the way, from the first question you ask to the moment you apply for financing.
More From Sam Leman Ford
Contact Us Whether you’re raising kids in the area or simply driving into the region for the holidays, there’s a good chance that you’ll spend time searching for fun family things to do in Bloomington-Normal. Even if you’ve had trouble planning family-friendly events in the past, don’t fret: the community-focused experts at Sam Leman Ford have your…
If you bring your Ford vehicle into a Bloomington Ford service center for regular maintenance or repair, your vehicle will be fitted with genuine OEM Ford parts by a certified mechanic. Visit a chain or independent shop instead, and aftermarket parts will often be used to service your vehicle. So what is the difference for…
When it comes time for you to choose your next pickup truck, don’t settle for anything less than the best! The 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity maxes out at 13,200 pounds, and that means it offers best-in-class towing. With this much power, there won’t be anything in the Normal area that can hold you back,…