2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity and Specs
When it comes time for you to choose your next pickup truck, don’t settle for anything less than the best! The 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity maxes out at 13,200 pounds, and that means it offers best-in-class towing. With this much power, there won’t be anything in the Normal area that can hold you back, and this pickup’s payload ratings and towing features are no less impressive. Learn more about the Ford F-150 towing capacity before you get behind the wheel at Sam Leman Ford, and feel free to look ahead to the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity, too!
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity
Drivers who select the 2019 Ford F-150 will have five different engine options to choose from. They vary in availability depending on which of the seven F-150 trim levels you select, but you’ll process impressive capabilities no matter which model you choose. We’ve listed the towing power of each option below:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- F-150 towing capacity ranges from 5,000 to 7,400 pounds
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6
- F-150 towing capacity varies between 7,600 and 9,000 pounds
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- Can tow between 8,400 and 11,600 pounds
- With this engine, the F-150 payload capacity is best-in-class at 3,270 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel
- F-150 diesel towing capacity ranges from 10,100 to 11,400 pounds
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6
- F-150 towing capacity ranges from 10,700 to 13,200 pounds — a special version of this engine powers the F-150 Raptor.
The F-150 is just the start of the Ford truck towing capacity capabilities, though. If you’re tackling super-duty jobs that require more power than the F-150 can muster, the Ford F-250 towing capacity is up to the task.
F-150 Towing Features
This Ford truck’s towing capacity is just one of its strengths. When you’re driving around Normal or working hard at your Springfield job site, you’ll be able to take advantage of the following standard and available Ford F-150 towing features:
- Smart trailer tow connector
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- BLIS blind spot monitoring system with trailer coverage
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
Towing Tips for the Ford F-150
- Whether you’re hauling a trailer or transporting cargo in your truck bed, loose items can easily become damaged. When you secure everything firmly before you hit the road, you’ll reduce the risk of damage and improve your stability.
- Even though most modern pickups are equipped with larger-than-average brakes, stopping still takes extra time when you’re towing. When you have a trailer attached, leave extra space between yourself and other drivers.
- Changing lanes, merging into traffic, and passing other drivers become especially difficult when you’re towing. Exercise caution in these situations.
- Properly-inflated tires can make an enormous difference when you’re hauling heavy loads. Check your pressure before heading out on Decatur or Champaign streets.
If even the F-150 doesn’t meet your towing needs, take it up a notch and explore the Ford F-250 towing capacity.
Ready to Take Advantage of Best-in-Class Towing Capacity in Bloomington?
The 2019 Ford F-150 towing capacity is just the start of this impressive pickup. Explore our lineup of powerful F-150 models today, and then reach out to schedule a test drive in your favorite. Our team will work with you every step of the way, from the first question you ask to the moment you apply for financing. Need more towing power? Compare the F-15o to the F-250 Super Duty. Or, if you’re shopping for a smaller truck, explore the midsize Ford Ranger bed sizes and compare it to the Chevy Colorado to see why so many Bloomington drivers choose Ford.
More From Sam Leman Ford
Shopping for a new Ford vehicle often means that you get to enjoy an interior cabin that’s spacious and comfortable. One of the most popular Ford vehicles currently offered is the 2022 Ford Escape. The new Ford Escape is certainly a looker with its sleek styling and it even offers incredible performance to boot….
There are many gems to choose from in our selection of new Ford crossovers and SUVs. However, one model that’s a fan-favorite choice for many growing families is the 2022 Ford Explorer. The new Ford Explorer provides incredible styling and unbeatable interior comfort that is sure to elevate your Normal drives. However, the 2022 Explorer…
The 2022 Ford F-150 is a capable and powerful truck that’s not afraid of tackling any job around Normal. It features plenty of performance and even various different configurations, making it perfect for almost any lifestyle. In addition to its capabilities, the new Ford F-150 is also a looker, with a stylish design inside…