What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
With the arrival of the 2020 Ford F-150, many Normal drivers have been asking: What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? The good news is, the 2020 model carries over its strong capabilities from the previous model year, boasting a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. Here, Sam Leman Ford breaks down everything you need to know about how much the new F-150 can tow.
2020 F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
Different setups mean Decatur drivers can expect a different F-150 towing capacity. Check out the different engines available with the 2020 model and the max towing figures associated with them.
3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine
- 290 hp
- 265 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 7,700 pounds
2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- 325 hp
- 400 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 8,500 pounds
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
- 395 hp
- 400 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 11,600 pounds
3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine
- 250 hp
- 440 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 11,500 pounds
High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- 450 hp
- 510 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 11,100 pounds
3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- 375 hp
- 470 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds
F-150 Towing Features
The Ford F-150’s engines undoubtedly serve as top contributors to the truck’s towing capacity. Available towing features are just the icing on the cake to promote smooth hauling.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: Synchronizes the truck and the trailer while in reverse.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance: Directs the hitch to the trailer receiver for easy connections.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Syncs the truck and trailer brakes for smooth stops.
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: Provides trailer information.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage: Alerts you to vehicles in your blind spot or alongside your trailer.
Boost Your Towing Capabilities with the New Ford F-150!
Not much has changed in terms of the Ford F-150 towing capacity, and the team at Sam Leman Ford knows that’s a good thing! Take advantage of the F-150 towing capacity for yourself when you get behind the wheel at our dealership near Springfield. Get in touch to plan your visit!
More from Sam Leman Ford
With the arrival of the 2020 Ford F-150, many Normal drivers have been asking: What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? The good news is, the 2020 model carries over its strong capabilities from the previous model year, boasting a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. Here, Sam Leman Ford breaks down everything you need…
The 2019 Ford Escape may be classified as a compact SUV, but its interior space and powerful performance suggest otherwise. Plus, the 2019 Ford Escape towing capacity proves this model is capable of hauling large items around Normal. Find out how much the new Ford Escape can tow with Sam Leman Ford. View Inventory Contact Us 2019…
If you’re shopping for a midsize truck that can easily transition between difficult job tasks in Normal and off-road adventures near Decatur, the 2019 Ford Ranger is a smart choice. With two spacious bed options and a well-appointed interior that features plenty of intuitive technology, the new Ford Ranger has everything you need and more….