What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
With the arrival of the 2020 Ford F-150, many Normal drivers have been asking: What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? The good news is, the 2020 model carries over its strong capabilities from the previous model year, boasting a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. Here, Sam Leman Ford breaks down everything you need to know about how much the new F-150 can tow.
2020 F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
Different setups mean Decatur drivers can expect a different F-150 towing capacity. Check out the different engines available with the 2020 model and the max towing figures associated with them.
3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine
- 290 hp
- 265 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 7,700 pounds
2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- 325 hp
- 400 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 8,500 pounds
5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine
- 395 hp
- 400 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 11,600 pounds
3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine
- 250 hp
- 440 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 11,500 pounds
High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- 450 hp
- 510 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 11,100 pounds
3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine
- 375 hp
- 470 lb-ft of torque
- Max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds
F-150 Towing Features
The Ford F-150’s engines undoubtedly serve as top contributors to the truck’s towing capacity. Available towing features are just the icing on the cake to promote smooth hauling.
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: Synchronizes the truck and the trailer while in reverse.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist with Line-of-Sight Guidance: Directs the hitch to the trailer receiver for easy connections.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Syncs the truck and trailer brakes for smooth stops.
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: Provides trailer information.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage: Alerts you to vehicles in your blind spot or alongside your trailer.
Boost Your Towing Capabilities with the New Ford F-150!
Not much has changed in terms of the Ford F-150 towing capacity, and the team at Sam Leman Ford knows that’s a good thing! Take advantage of the F-150 towing capacity for yourself when you get behind the wheel at our dealership near Springfield. Get in touch to plan your visit, perhaps for Ford Truck Month, and make sure to check out the new Ford F-150 Lariat as you explore your model options! You can also compare the F-150 vs. Chevy Silverado 1500 and F-150 vs. Toyota Tundra for further perspective.
More from Sam Leman Ford
It’s February again, which means it’s time for the annual Chicago auto show — the first major auto show of the year! Ford was in attendance and highlighted a variety of exciting production models, including the Explorer, Edge, and F-150. The true scene-stealer was the 2021 Mustang Mach-E. Take a look at some of the…
Want a three-row SUV that comfortably seats seven, provides plenty of room for cargo, and boasts impressive towing? Then look no further than the 2020 Ford Explorer, on sale now near Normal at Sam Leman Ford. But how much can a Ford Explorer tow, exactly? When properly equipped, the Ford Explorer towing capacity reaches 5,600 pounds. Even…
Need space for the whole Decatur family without compromising strong performance and driving dynamics? With seating for seven people, cargo space that accommodates all of your gear, and high-tech, luxurious features, the new Ford Explorer interior promises to enhance your Normal drives. Discover the Ford Explorer seating and cargo space details with the team at…