What is the 2019 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity?
Normal drivers who choose a new Ford F-250 will enjoy a maximum towing capacity of 12,300 to 15,000 pounds. If you’re looking to tow more than 15,000 pounds, a gooseneck trailer or fifth wheel hitch will be required. In addition to impressive towing, the 2019 Ford F-250 boasts a payload capacity over 4,250 pounds.
You can see why this member of the Ford Super Duty lineup is considered to be one of the top performers in its class! Explore more details on the F-250 towing capacity and engine specs with Sam Leman Ford below.
Ford F-250 Specs: Engine Options
You can choose between rear- or four-wheel drive for your F-250, and your engine options are as follows:
- 6.2L Gas-Powered V8: Delivers 385 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque
- Optional 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V8: The diesel option produces Best-in-Class* 450 hp and 935 lb-ft of torque
Whichever engine you opt for, you’re going to get a Ford TorqShift® G 6-speed automatic transmission, making for smooth shifting when navigating Decatur roads.
Ford F-250 Towing Features
We think the two robust engines available on the F-250 are a selling point on their own, but we’d be remiss not to tell you about some of the class-leading features you’ll get as well:
- Available Adaptive Steering: When you’re traveling at low speeds, Adaptive Steering adjusts the steering ratio so you can turn the wheel with ease. If you’re traveling at higher speeds, Adaptive Steering will firm up the wheel.
- Available Trailer Reverse Guidance: Side-view mirror cameras paired with on-screen guidelines will help you hitch your trailer with ease.
- Available Diesel Engine-Exhaust Braking: When paired with the Power Stroke® engine, this feature works to restrict the exhaust flow of the turbocharger, which creates back pressure that helps to slow the vehicle.
Visit Sam Leman Ford to Test Drive the Ford F-250!
Contact us when you’re ready to head out for a test drive near Champaign. We’ve got regular, crew cab, and super cab models on the lot for you to check out, and our parts center can help you if you’re interested in a gooseneck trailer or fifth wheel hitch. Before you stop by, be sure to consult our offers and incentives to see if any apply! You can also check out the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity to see how the figures compare.
Want room for the whole family and don’t need such impressive towing specs? The 2019 Ford Escape towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds, which is plenty for many of our Central Illinois drivers.
More From Sam Leman Ford
Need space for the whole Decatur family without compromising strong performance and driving dynamics? With seating for seven people, cargo space that accommodates all of your gear, and high-tech, luxurious features, the new Ford Explorer interior promises to enhance your Normal drives. Discover the Ford Explorer seating and cargo space details with the team at…
With the arrival of the 2020 Ford F-150, many Normal drivers have been asking: What is the towing capacity of a Ford F-150? The good news is, the 2020 model carries over its strong capabilities from the previous model year, boasting a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. Here, Sam Leman Ford breaks down everything you need…
The 2019 Ford Escape may be classified as a compact SUV, but its interior space and powerful performance suggest otherwise. Plus, the 2019 Ford Escape towing capacity proves this model is capable of hauling large items around Normal. Find out how much the new Ford Escape can tow with Sam Leman Ford. View Inventory Contact Us 2019…