What is the 2019 Ford F-250 Towing Capacity?
Normal drivers who choose a new Ford F-250 will enjoy a maximum towing capacity of 12,300 to 15,000 pounds. If you’re looking to tow more than 15,000 pounds, a gooseneck trailer or fifth wheel hitch will be required. In addition to impressive towing, the 2019 Ford F-250 boasts a payload capacity over 4,250 pounds.
You can see why this member of the Ford Super Duty lineup is considered to be one of the top performers in its class! Explore more details on the F-250 towing capacity and engine specs with Sam Leman Ford below.
Ford F-250 Specs: Engine Options
You can choose between rear- or four-wheel drive for your F-250, and your engine options are as follows:
- 6.2L Gas-Powered V8: Delivers 385 hp and 430 lb-ft of torque
- Optional 6.7L Power Stroke® Turbo Diesel V8: The diesel option produces Best-in-Class* 450 hp and 935 lb-ft of torque
Whichever engine you opt for, you’re going to get a Ford TorqShift® G 6-speed automatic transmission, making for smooth shifting when navigating Decatur roads.
Ford F-250 Towing Features
We think the two robust engines available on the F-250 are a selling point on their own, but we’d be remiss not to tell you about some of the class-leading features you’ll get as well:
- Available Adaptive Steering: When you’re traveling at low speeds, Adaptive Steering adjusts the steering ratio so you can turn the wheel with ease. If you’re traveling at higher speeds, Adaptive Steering will firm up the wheel.
- Available Trailer Reverse Guidance: Side-view mirror cameras paired with on-screen guidelines will help you hitch your trailer with ease.
- Available Diesel Engine-Exhaust Braking: When paired with the Power Stroke® engine, this feature works to restrict the exhaust flow of the turbocharger, which creates back pressure that helps to slow the vehicle.
Visit Sam Leman Ford to Test Drive the Ford F-250!
Contact us when you’re ready to head out for a test drive near Champaign. We’ve got regular, crew cab, and super cab models on the lot for you to check out, and our parts center can help you if you’re interested in a gooseneck trailer or fifth wheel hitch. Before you stop by, be sure to consult our offers and incentives to see if any apply! You can also check out the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity to see how the figures compare.
More From Sam Leman Ford
The 2020 Ford F-150 is one of the most customizable trucks available to Normal drivers, given the available configurations, features, and special editions. The most fun part of shopping for a new pickup, though, is deciding which of the Ford truck colors best suits your personality and lifestyle. Check out this guide to Ford…
What is the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity? Which of the Ford Edge engine options will provide you with the best available tow rating on Normal streets? Get the answers to these questions and all of the Ford Edge performance details you need to make an informed decision in this guide from Sam Leman Ford. Ford Edge…
Shopping for a midsize sedan? With four 2020 Ford Fusion trim levels from which to choose, Normal drivers are sure to find a Ford sedan to accommodate their lifestyle and demands. The 2020 Ford Fusion configurations range from the base trim S to the top-tier Titanium, and combined city/highway fuel economy ratings range from…